Hi Josh

I don't mind at all.  You can reach me on <gor...@mac-access.net>

I don't understand though, because you cannot erase the start disk if you're
booted from it.  It isn't possible.  Are you using wired Internet or wireless?
You need to be hard wired I'm afraid because I don't think there's any way to
configure WiFi at that point.  Tell you what though, try Option+R instead of
Command+R.  I've never done that myself but I seem to remember somebody saying
something bout that.

Hold it for about 20/30 seconds just to be sure.

Gordon

On 28 Aug 2012, at 18:33, josh gregory <joshkar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Well sure, if you don't mind that'd be great! Um... went into disc
utility, selected the drive and clicked erase.