I don't know why you say the mac doesn't have an insert key - My apple wired USB full-sized keyboard has an insert key in the usual place on the numpad.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sean Murphy" <smur7...@bigpond.net.au>
To: "Mac OSX & iOS Accessibility" <mac-access@mac-access.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:51 AM
Subject: Re: I need somebody who has experience with vm fusion 5 on a mac

Hello,

I live in both world's. Depending on which version of Windows 7 you are going to use determines the amount of RAM. If you use the 32 bit then you only need 2 gb of RAM for the OS. If you are going to use 64 bit then you require 4 gb. So you can get away with only 4gb on the Mac if you only use the Windows 7 32 bit. Ideally it is best to have more then you require to prevent any performance reduction on the Mac.

Installing the OS will have the same challenges if you do it on a native PC. That is, you either do it via a script or have sighted assistance. What ever screen reader you use will be done in the same fashion.

Caveats in relation to settings within VMWare:

1. There is an article in the archives that discusses about remapping keys within the Mac and Windows. Edsharp is the app for windows to remap keys. The reason for this is that the Mac does not have a insert key and you cannot use the caps lock key while Voice over is on within Windows. Voice-Over doesn't pass the key through.
2. Turn off all shortcut keys within the VMWare configuration.
3. Only use a 1 CPU. You do not get any advantage with more then 1.
4. Set up share and access your documents from the VMWare share. This allows you to access them from windows or the Mac.
5. Install vmware tools in the guess OS.

Other then this, there is not much more to do.

Sean