Chris and others,

One other correction.  I'm using keyremap4macbook and PCKeyboardHack to remap
keys both on  the apple side and in my VM Fusion machine.  As a result I am
using the Caps lock key as  the insert and thus using the insert as a screen
reader modifier.

This allows me to remap on the apple side of things, and I find this much
easier then working inside the VM.  Thus I have no need of Sharp keys.

Eric Caron