I never was able to print a test page directly from the JetDirect.  The
only way I could print a test page was from the PC.  I do have the IP
address from that.

I think I am going to bag this whole idea for the time being.  I have
spent so much time trying to get it to work, it's not even funny.  I am
considering setting up the Canon with the iMac since I know I can print
jobs from the PC to printers attached to my Mac.  I still have a space
issue, but that seems like the simplest solution for printing to both
printers from both computers.