--- Robin Ashe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<clip>
> You can use FDISK on another machine to format it,
> that shouldn't be a
> problem. If you can find a floppy disk though it
> would really help if you
> make yourself a boot-disk though.

www.bootdisk.com Use the self extracting 98SE one
to boot from and install 95a or 95B from a CD-ROM.

A 98SE boot floppy was a real time saver when doing
"nuke and pave" jobs on customer's 95 boxen.
Prior to then I'd have to hunt up the DOS drivers
for their CD-ROM and make a one shot boot floppy to
copy the win95 directory to the hard drive to
install from. Just prior to the release of 98 I found
the "CD-ROM God" boot disk images. Some smart guy
had produced a set of disks with many different DOS
CD-ROM drivers and customized batch files that would
rewrite the config.sys and autoexec.bat on the disk
to use the ones you chose. Then reboot with the disk
to use those drivers. It even worked with the old
proprietary Mitsumi, Panasonic and Sony 1x to 4x
drives, which still don't work with the 98SE disk, but
who's still using one of those doorstops?

=====
It's total Fandemonium!
http://www.fandemonium.org