I dabbled with MacWorld, and was stung by the fact they don't offer the CD
to the subscription [CDs are cheap, I don't see why magazines charge so
much, they don't charge _that_ much in the UK for the DVDs].

Without the CD, I found MacWorld to be next to useless and let the
subscription lapse. MacAddict did seem okay, but in general the mac
magazines at the time seemed to be focused on expensive software and OS 9
software. They seemed to have moved to OS X now, but still focus on their
main consumer range, graphics designers and home users, to be of a lot of
interest.

Hen