Allan;

The prices of most magazines are pretty arbitrary, including Macworld.
I just received an offer for a professional discount subscription price
of $19.95 for one year/ 12 issues. It also includes two free CD-ROMS
of "clip art, computer games, fonts, utilities, and other top-rated
applications".
The offer is valid through 2/17/03. So, the prices you're getting
apparently are rising as they feel you are hooked. I'm planning to
return the offer with my check. You may be able to get a similar deal
if you contact them.

Mike