On 1/21/03 17:16, Allan Atherton wrote

>In 1999 I renewed my subscription Macworld for $19.97. In 2000 it cost
>$24.97 and in 2002 it was $29.97.
>
>Now I have received a postcard from Macworld telling me that they have
>automatically renewed my subscription for $34.97, with a number to call in
>case I want to cancel.
>
>Five years ago I was getting Mac Home Journal, Mac Addict, and Macworld. The
>first two shriveled up to a few pages so I dropped them and wonder if they
>are still around. If Macworld is the only Mac magazine left, I guess they
>can do whatever they want.

I still get MacAddict, and like it well enough to resubscribe every 2
years. Every time I feel ready to can the subscription, an issue comes
out which I find really useful. Their reviews match my tastes pretty
well, their attitude is sufficiently sophmoric for my sense of humor
(though I liked them better when they had more of a rogue image), and
their tech tips are sometimes quite good.

Bill