Hey folks,

This is a pretty specific question: has anyone else found problems
recently when communicating with home computers over insight?

Up until, oh, say, 3 weeks ago (at the most), I was having no trouble
logging into (via ssh), transferring files from, etc. my computer at
home when working on my laptop at work. Now, everything works fine
when I'm at home using the internal lan with the internal IP
addresses, but I cannot get to anything by using either my dynamic
domain name (rising.homedns.org) or the current IP address assigned
to me (12.220.208.25). I didn't change any configurations anywhere,
so I'm a bit at a loss for the sudden lack of communication. I tried
restarting the home computer, the cable modem and the wireless
router, but nothing helped (and the IP address remained constant). I
tried stopping and restarting all the services that I use on the
Sharing preference pane.

Yesterday, when I tried to ssh into my home computer, I got timeout
errors. Today, I'm getting "connection refused" errors, even though
portforwarding is forwarding things to the machine which has the
sharing turned on.

What gives? Anyone have any trouble-shooting advice?

Thanks,

Bill