Maybe the recent political revelations have something to do with it. :^)

On Dec 22, 2005, at 11:31 AM, Bill Rising wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> This is a pretty specific question: has anyone else found problems
> recently when communicating with home computers over insight?
>
> Up until, oh, say, 3 weeks ago (at the most), I was having no
> trouble logging into (via ssh), transferring files from, etc. my
> computer at home when working on my laptop at work. Now, everything
> works fine when I'm at home using the internal lan with the
> internal IP addresses, but I cannot get to anything by using either
> my dynamic domain name (rising.homedns.org) or the current IP
> address assigned to me (12.220.208.25). I didn't change any
> configurations anywhere, so I'm a bit at a loss for the sudden lack
> of communication. I tried restarting the home computer, the cable
> modem and the wireless router, but nothing helped (and the IP
> address remained constant). I tried stopping and restarting all the
> services that I use on the Sharing preference pane.
>
> Yesterday, when I tried to ssh into my home computer, I got timeout
> errors. Today, I'm getting "connection refused" errors, even though
> portforwarding is forwarding things to the machine which has the
> sharing turned on.
>
> What gives? Anyone have any trouble-shooting advice?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill

Someday, I will come up with a clever signature line. I am not sure
if I will use it or not, but I will come up with one. In the mean
time this next one will have to do:

Buying popcorn and wondering what channel the impeachment hearings
will be on.