CDMA = Code Division Multiple Access
GSM= Global system for mobile Communication
GPS=Global positioning system

  The better technology is hard to say. I'm not an expert. GSM is
much older than CDMA. I believe that GSM has better coverage, but
CDMA has an advantage when it comes to data transfer. GSM phones come
with a SIM card. This sim card can allow you to change phones by
taking out the sim card and inserting it into another phone. But,
with that comes the problem of subsidy locked phones. I had a GSM
Palm OS phone (a Tungsten W) It was locked to the AT&T wireless
service, meaning I could not take it to another GSM carrier like T-
Mobile or Cingular before the merger.  Most all carriers lock their
phones. Some will unlock them after a certain amount of time has
passed. I think that I would go with the CDMA phone. Mainly because I
believe, but am not certain, that CDMA has faster data throughput
than GSM, and since your phone can do Web, email and SMS, you may
want to utilize those down the line.
  Just using it as a phone you shouldn't notice a difference, except
maybe the way the audio sounds from different compression methods.
Clarity should be there with both.

Opinion, Verizon-good, Cingular-bad, Sprint-OK, AT&T-Thank goodness
they no longer exist.

Brian O'Neal