You are so right, Jeffrey, the coverage for rural Ky , those wild blue
yonder places, is much better under cingular, especially since the ATT
and Cingular merger or whatever it is called when one eats the other
up. Their "pay as you go offer" was just nothing compared to that of
T-mobile, but if you have to travel to Ky's remote places, cingular is
good. And they do have a number of fine phones to choose from. I had
one of their plans  until last month when my contract ran out.
Marta
To array a man's will against his sickness is the supreme art of
medicine.
-Henry Ward Beecher, preacher and writer (1813-1887)

On Jun 24, 2005, at 15:29, Jeffrey C Smith wrote:

> John,
>
> I use Cingular because I think it gives me the best coverage in more
> remote parts of Ky. I also have a plan that gives the whole family
> phones and enough minutes to share. My latest goal though is to use my
> Motorola phone's bluetooth connection to get my laptop a wireless
> connection to the web anywhere I have a cellular signal. I understand
> that this is possible (although still unproven by me) with the
> standard voice connection and OS X with no extra data connection fees.
> Have you tried this? Jeff
>
> On Jun 24, 2005, at 10:44 AM, John Robinson wrote:
>
>> Brian,
>>
>> Thanks so much Brian, this helps.  I have talked to so many who say
>> Cingular is not good, yet for some reason the Razor phone is only
>> usable through them, so I may go back to the Palm.
>>
>> Thanks, I needed the help, and Ward I will stop by and talk to Mark,
>> I want to come see your new duds anyway.
>>

>> John R.
>>
>> On Jun 24, 2005, at 8:14 AM, Brian O'Neal wrote:
>>
>>> CDMA = Code Division Multiple Access
>>> GSM= Global system for mobile Communication