That makes more sense.  I read the specs and these will boot Linux from an
SD card.  You can download the image.   Then after that it looks like you
are building everything from source yourself.

If I were doing development on this little board I would put all the files
in my home directory on a NAS and share them over NFS to the development
board.  Running off an SD card is impossibly slow especially when doing
things like building kernel from source.

It is to bad these don't do a network boot, then you just keep everything
on the NAS and don't have to mess with SD cards.   But do put the home
directories on an NFS star.  I do that with all by Pi and eagle cards

I had a project that I thought might require an FPGA. It was controlling
four servo motors in a four wheel drive mobile robot.  Each  motor had it's
own encoder that could in the worst case make 11,000 pulses per second.   I
was going to put the PID loops inside an FPGA.   But them found out an Arm
cortex-4 at 100MHz could handle the interrupt rate.   Then I found that ARM
chips haver hardware quadrature decoding up to abuot 1MHz pulse rate so
they don't even use the CPU.   So I didn't use an FPGA.  But I was lookngat
his one. that are only $14 on eBay
https://www.amazon.com/EP2C5T144-Learning-System-Development-CycloneII/dp/B008B3YHE8

http://store.digilentinc.com/arty-z7-apsoc-zynq-7000-development-board-for-makers-and-hobbyists/

--