From: Harry Zink [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 11:29 PM
To: Mac Internet Explorer Talk
Subject: Re: IE 5.12 -- PNGs no workie!

>> [2] Why does file helpers say the file should be saved to disk instead
>> of being displayed in the browser?
>
> IE wouldn't have done that. You might want to delete the file helpers for PNG.
> Graphic utilities frequently modify the Internet Configurations so that they
> are used as the creator for specific formats, as do some FTP programs. The
> problem is not limited to graphics; MP3 files have lots of interests competing
> for their handling as well.

FWIW - This behavior is confirmed to be happening on a fresh installation -
nothing foreign installed.

Harry
---
http://www.zinkdifferent.com

"Virtue does not come from money, but rather from virtue comes money,
and all things good to man" -Socrates

To unsubscribe send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To search the archives:
          <http://www.mail-archive.com/macie-talk%40lists.boingo.com/>