On 10/5/01 1:53 AM, "Harry Zink" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On the other hand, since the same folks that wrote apps capable of
> corrupting prefs on the Mac are now writing the same quality apps on OS X,
> it stands to reason that the baggage comes along for the ride - this, I take
> it, appears to be the price to pay for a  'modern Mac OS' -- instability.

This isn't quite fair.  The preference file in question is managed purely by
the OS, and it seems to be an OS bug that is causing its corruption and not
handling that gracefully.  IE is just using the Internet Config APIs.  Also,
I should mention that Apple has added standard preference APIs to the
System, and if those APIs are not robust, you can expect lots of apps to
crash with invalid prefs.

Dan

To unsubscribe send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To search the archives:
          <http://www.mail-archive.com/macie-talk%40lists.boingo.com/>