> This isn't quite fair.  The preference file in question is managed purely by
> the OS, and it seems to be an OS bug that is causing its corruption and not
> handling that gracefully.  IE is just using the Internet Config APIs.  Also,
> I should mention that Apple has added standard preference APIs to the
> System, and if those APIs are not robust, you can expect lots of apps to
> crash with invalid prefs.

No worries, Dan - I wasn't referring specifically to MS/IE apps, but rather
to the apps, or underlying application support, in the OS. I know that's
still being worked on by Apple, and hopefully once it's out of beta, all of
that will be a thing of the past.

Harry
--
Beauty, brains, availability, personality  - pick any two.