on 10/12/01 3:25 PM, Scott Stevenson at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Friday, October 12, 2001, at 08:41 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>
>> Yep, I can certify that the GM of 5G64 can install without any prior
>> OS X
>> installation. I just did it on my B&W G3 yesterday night.
>
> Depends on which CD you have. The free upgrade CD I got at a retailer
> will not install on a drive that does not already have OS X installed.
> The build number is 5G64.

Most likely depend on the flavor of the installer file, I would think. I
tend to associate a given build with a given CD, but the build has nothing
to do with the installer provided to install it and how the installer
defines the installation.

Good point!

-Laurent.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]             Washington, DC, USA
bozotic /boh-zoh'tik/ or /boh-zo'tik/ adj.: [from the name of a TV clown
even more losing than Ronald McDonald] Resembling or having the quality of a
bozo; that is, clownish, ludicrously wrong, unintentionally humorous.
Compare wonky, demented. Note that the noun `bozo' occurs in slang, but the
mainstream adjectival form would be `bozo-like' or (in New England)
`bozoish'.

To unsubscribe send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To search the archives:
          <http://www.mail-archive.com/macie-talk%40lists.boingo.com/>