On 09 Nov 2010, at 10:00, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> On 9 nov. 10, at 17:09, Peter Frings wrote:

[snip]

>> Since it started out of the blue, it's highly unlikely that the following is
>> the cause, but...
>> I once set Mail to display the text version of mails using the 'hidden
>> preference' (in Terminal):
>>
>> $ defaults write com.apple.mail PreferPlainText -bool TRUE
>>
>> At that point, I often saw mails with seemingly no attachments, while the
>> 'Next Alternative' did show them. So I reverted that preference (set to
>> FALSE) and the problem went away.
>
> And how are the mails displayed now ?

Just fine, thank you :-)

The attachments show up in the body as icons, whereas previously there was no
sign of them at all (not even in the header pane). Very often those mails
appeared to be completely blank, making me wonder why on earth someone would
send me a blank piece of paper...

Did that answer your question?

Cheers,
Peter.