Hi Matt,

I was worried about a hardware problem.  As you say, either the TM disk or the
system disk could be failing.  Both are very new (3-TB Seagates).

I have not yet looked for information in the Console app, but unless it's very
obvious, I probably won't recognize a problem even if it's there.

Thanks,

Gregg