Hi Mike,

I looked at the Activity Monitor and I forget the name of the process, but it
looked like one that I thought was associated with backups, so I did not notice
anything unusual.

I'm pretty sure the CPU is not overloaded and that the memory is not used up.

Both the TM disk and the system disk are fairly new, so perhaps one of them is
bad.  I will probably look into that next.

Thanks,

Gregg