On Friday, April 20, 2001, at 08:40 AM, Justin Simoni wrote:

> Since this is somewhat a new list, I am very curious of hearing what
> people
> are using Perl on MacOSX for. It seems that people who are serious about
> coding would opt for a linux or FreeBsd alternative, since this is most
> likely what these program will be run under when they're released. I
> could
> be wrong here, and be substaintualy undermining the number of
> developers for
> MacOSX and OSX Server, but right now, the client version of the OS
> isn't a
> hot rod for Webserver and much of the polish really just gets in the
> way of
> someone who knows what they're doing.

I am very new to perl. I've managed to get ImageMagick/PerlMagick
running.
http://www.imagemagick.org/

To start using perl I've been using swigs with the intention to "tweak"
the script as a departure point for learning perl.
http://people.whitman.edu/~mcmahahb/projects/swigs.html

This is an amazing way to handle large quantities of images and
hopefully, get a better sense of perl.

As an aside; I wonder if there is any way to hook into graphic power Mac
OS X.

Forest

     Forest Dean Feighner
    http://www.erie.net/~fdf