It doesn't exist on my system, I do have a /System/Library/Perl/darwin/CORE
directory, but there is no perl.h anywhere on my computer, that I can find
(I used the 'find') command when logged in as root to make sure everything
was checked).  The first thibg I did was install the developer package on
both of my G4s, neither of them has perl.h in this directory.

Should I reinstall the developer software, making sure I'm not leaving
somthing out? (I can't remember if there is a 'custom' install possibility
with the dev package that maybe I didn't check.)  This might also fix the
lack of echo when using CPAN.  Am I the only one who gets this 'no-echo'
effect when using CPAN?  It happens on both of my computers!

-Aaron

At 09:53 AM 5/21/01 -0700, Edward Moy wrote:
>I seem to have /System/Library/Perl/darwin/CORE/perl.h on my system.  Is
>it that it doesn't exist on yours or it does, but you still get that error
>message.
>
>I would suppose that the include files in /System/Library/Perl/darwin/CORE
>are not installed by default, but come from the developer package.

>Edward Moy
>Apple Computer, Inc.
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>(This message is from me as a reader of this list, and not a statement
>from Apple.)
>
>On Monday, May 21, 2001, at 09:30  AM, Aaron Lawson wrote:
>
>>I've had the exact same problem, it's not a version 10.03 problem though,
>>  this happened on 10.00 the same way.  My CPAN has another 'issue' :
>> when I type into it it doesn't echo to the screen, not a big deal but
>> pretty weird.
>>
>>I know some perl on OS X geniuses out there have mentioned using CPAN
>>--any ideas on how to get this working??  It would be much appreciated!
>>
>>At 12:21 AM 5/13/01 -0800, nellA hciR wrote:
>>>i have tried to install several moudles, both using cpan and at the
>>>command line. i always get the following error, what am i missing/doing
>>>wrong? i just reinstall X (10.0.3)
>>>
>>>(You get this message, because MakeMaker could not find "/System/Library/
>>>Perl/darwin/CORE/perl.h")

Aaron Lawson, Ph.D
Linguistic Researcher
MNIS-TextWise Labs, LLC