On Friday, July 5, 2002, at 05:23  PM, Warren Pollans wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a starting point for learning/programming the mac gui -
> to play with with on my 14" ibook (osx - 10.1.5).  I'm an experienced
> user of perl, perl/tk, and tcl/tk - but have no experience with the mac
> gui (i don't even know what to call it).  Camelbones seems like a good
> starting point for what I want to do - write small event-driven apps in
> "native mac" instead of perl/tk - ideally, re-use my perl/tk scripts
> with new widget-creating subs.
>
> Finally, the QUESTION:  could someone please point me to some
> documentation (FM or book or website) so that I can learn about the
> mac-gui (arrrrrgghh, what do I call it? 8^) .

You *need* the book by Aaron Hillegas. It's an introduction into Cocoa
programming (the OO-library which CamelBones is the
Perl side of...).
The book uses Objective-C (but if you know some basic C you will find it
very easy to understand).
The basic concepts taught there are necessary for understanding/working
with CamelBones.

Kay