volks,

I just found out that I can reset some of
my perl scripts to run as 'double clickables'
into a terminal window if I set them up as

        foo.command

which is mostly OK, since they appear to run with

        <command> ; exit

but there are times when I would like to have
something that runs as

        <command>

without the 'auto' exit.... is there a way
to do this with foo.term???? which seems to
have a way to save a 'terminal session' (????)

What I am trying to work around here is an extension
to our dump2disk solution so that we can start dumping
our OS X boxes over the net to the dumpHost like all
the rest of the unix boxes - since there appears to
be some limitations in Retrospect 5.0 with this type
of 'network' solution....

We normally run our dumps on the other machines from
cron - but we have the 'work around' for 'dump now'
and I want a quick improve for that which is MacIsh
while I sort out the camel-bones v. MacApp solutions.

ciao
drieux

---