On Monday, July 15, 2002, at 07:36 , Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
[..]
> Oooh.  S3kr3t Mag1c instructions!  Where is this documented?
>
> That's part of what frustrates me the most about OSX.  It's like
> OS9... people pass around folklore instead of being able to just say
> "man foo" as on "real unix" to read the whole story.
[..]

you need to have friends who will keep you abreast of
where the majik hides:

  http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/03/26/terminal_four.html

bob sent me that as the 'clue fairy' since we have been working
on the question of how to play in this space - as well as whether
there will be an alternative to the cultural myopia of Perl/Tk
that will be sub-classed appropriately to talk natively to the
Aqua interface...

The irony was that I had the 'coffee break moment' that these

        *.term

files were merely XML 'plists' - and hence that one could build
an XML_parser/configer that would generate them.... Or simply
adopt the 'template' solution of setting the 'EXECUTE_ME' target
and the perl equivolent of the sed for

        sed 's/EXECUTE_ME/'${CMD}'/' $template_file > $new_file

as we did in the dark days of /bin/sh scripting....

ciao
drieux

---