At 7:03 PM -0700 8/14/02, Robert D. Sharp wrote:
>caused a dangerous thing.  Thought,  I have had the pleasure of
>writing scripts on a Linux box (developmental) for Unix box
>(production) and had to provide for changes in that very line from
>one
>
>#! /usr/bin/perl
>#! /usr/local/perl
>
>or back because of environment.

Well, there's always this disgusting solution.

------------
:
eval exec '`which perl` -S $0 "$@"'
     if ($running_under_some_shell);

print STDERR "Hello World\n";
foreach $arg (@ARGV) {
     print STDERR "Arg: $arg\n";
}

That should work under csh or sh, and find whichever perl is first in
the path.  Test it with something like:
        ./foo 'args together' args separate
Then go wash your hands.
--