Hello,

I installed Perl 5.8 successfully a while ago. It worked very well under 10.2.2. Since I upgraded to 10.2.3 recently I get an error message every time I start perl that says:

"perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
LC_ALL = (unset),
LANG = "de"

This is perl, v5.8.0 built for darwin-thread-multi
"
(Perl was built with locale support:

bash-2.05a$ perl -V:d_setlocale
d_setlocale='define' ).

I tried to figure out what happens using ktrace and found, that perl tries to read a file /usr/share/locale/de/LC_COLLATE. But there is no such file (in none of the locale directories). I would it build by myself, but I'm not sure if it must be a binary file (like LC_TYPE). mklocale on the other hand will only translate LC_TYPE-files.

I looked around and searched for a solution in several Darwin and MacOS X sites, but without success.

Does anyone know how to build the missing locale? Any hints are highly appreciated.

Jens-Christoph Brendel