On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 06:51  AM, Steve Linberg wrote:

I looked over your instructions with great interest, since you seem to be
describing a build of the system that repeatedly failed for me. The only
difference I can see is you use Apache 1.3.26 instead of 1.3.27.
I use Apache 1.3.27 in part 2.

Have you tried the specific build of Apache 1.3.27 / mod_perl 1.27 / Perl
5.8.0 under OSX 10.2? That process failed repeatably for me at least half
a dozen times before I gave up and went back to Perl 5.6.0, where the same
build process worked fine. (I posted the exact build recipe in my earlier
message yesterday.) The failure was that loading the libperl module would
cause Apache to immediately crash with deep, scary internal memory errors;
commenting out the libperl load in httpd.conf, the server itself worked
fine without it. This was on a clean, brand-new 10.2 install.
Follow my instructions in part 1, which work for Apache 1.3.27, too (that's what I'm running, now). One thing you should always try to do with mod_perl 1.x is compile it into Apache statically.

HTH,

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory