On Thursday, March 20, 2003, at 06:22 PM, David Wheeler wrote:

On Thursday, March 20, 2003, at 08:17 PM, R. Hannes Niedner wrote:

I have tried it hard and long with all kinds of recipes and always got the
same error messages with make test. Remember you checked the output of the
make and the verbose test... It looks that the tests screw up big time on
mac os x (at least for me with perl 5.8). I forced the install so far no
trouble but I would need a killer script to test it though :-).
My suggestion force make install in cpan or just make install without it.

Well, not in cpan, but manually. Just go ahead and 'make install' and see if it works with your own code.

FWIW, Darwinports has apache with a static mod_perl variant, perl 5.8.0, and libapreq in ports you should get a clean, working set up after you've installed darwinports by doing

# port install -v -d apache +mod_perl

here you should probably set the /usr/bin/perl to be a symlink to /opt/local/bin/perl, or have /opt/local/bin in your path before /usr/bin

# port install -v -d libapreq-perl

at some point in the near future I intend to make a .mpkg so you can have a double clickable installer of apache+ mod_perl, perl 5.8.0 and libapreq... but I'm about to move continents so that might have to wait a week or 2.

However, I'd love to have more people testing the above ports for me.... (One thing, fink shouldn't screw things up, but it is possible...so if there are problems, remove fink from you environment (stop sourcing the init scripts) and try again.

HTH

Michael

-- Michael Maibaum internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://mike.maibaum.org voice: [h] (415) 626-6733 | [w] (415) 561-1682