> Chris> I was the one who started this mailing list.  There is no admin
> Chris> of this specific list, last I checked.
>
> Chris> I fully support this posting to this list.
>

> Without such a stand, we enter a slippery slope.  It's the same reason
> I permit *no* commercial postings to comp.lang.perl.announce.

This makes an interesting problem, if he can't post an announcement to a
general discussion group *AND* he can't post an announcement to
'announce' just because it is commercial...

I think it difficult to call single announcements a slippery slope.  So
is there a perl-commercial-product list, or
perl-commercial-product-announce list?  What is the traffic on the
'announce' list as it stands now?  A list has a bigger chance of dieing
if there is no traffic than one that gets a few on-topic commercial
postings.

Though I will agree I didn't like the "shameless plug tone", the "hey
guys check this out I think it is cool tone" usually goes over better in
the geek crowd...

http://danconia.org