I have created an outline field w/ perl objects as the
items. Everything  works ok until I dereference the items in either a
doubleClick (as in the OutlineView example) or via itemAtRow, at which
point the item is corrupted (the objectForItem value is blanked out
and a "Bizarre copy of CODE" error is thrown the next time the item is
requested in the objectValeForTableColumn selector. If I do a
$sender->reloadData in the selector everything is fine, but of course
this collapses the outline and looses the selection.

Is this a bug or is there a fundamental reason why perl objects can't
be used as outline items?

tia,
rick