On 23 Aug 2004, at 18:49, Morbus Iff wrote:

>Perhaps set the path of the image directory
>into the script, hardcoded like so:
>
>   $path = '/home/fubar/www/images';
>
>or something like that so you are restricting to a certain directory,
>and not just letting any file be read in by the cgi and sent to the

This isn't safe either. Someone could come along and request:

 http://site.com/server.cgi?file=../../../../../../../etc/passwd

and get naughty files too. You want to make sure that you always
sanitize the filename that you get in - never trust it.

Quite right. Like that. I'm sorry I was so much less clear about it: i felt like i'd been going on too long already.

best

will