I know what you mean, Sherm. Wish I could send you something to push into the iNTEL Mac world with, but I'm in the same position as you. Hope you can find a place that can see the value in understanding perl from the inside. If Perl 6 moves ahead, perl might go into the embedded world the way java hasn't yet really gone.

For me, the computer industry just lost its last little bit of shine. I'm looking for a new career. Any general purpose computers I buy will run AMD since I doubt I'll be able to afford PPC hardware, and I'll be scratching Mac OS X from this old iBook this weekend. Not sure if I'll load Linux or openBSD on it, since it's my server.

Jobs is insane.

--
Joel Rees
    Nothing to say today