Brian McKee wrote:

> On 7-Jun-05, at 1:57 PM, Wiggins d'Anconia wrote:
>

>> Why wouldn't you?  Memory, drives, video, etc. are all the same right
>> now. Motherboard has pretty standard features, other than it is setup
>> for a Power processor. Apple has been going cheap for a while, SCSI ->
>> IDE ring any bells? It would be a real shame if they didn't allow you  to
>> install OS X on any commodity PC, once again back to that whole volume
>> issue. Without a different chip, Macs really are just a pretty looking
>> box with a nice software package preinstalled. Darwin runs on Intel
>> already (mostly) which is the real key, if Apple goes through with this
>> and won't let you install on a commidity PC then they really missed the
>> boat, in fact I would say they couldn't even find the dock.
>

> Quoting cnet
> <http://news.com.com/Apple+throws+the+switch%2C+aligns+with+Intel+-
> +page+2/2100-7341_3-5733756-2.html?tag=st.next>
>
>> After Jobs' presentation, Apple Senior Vice President Phil Schiller
>> addressed the issue of running Windows on Macs,
>> saying there are no plans to sell or support Windows on an
>> Intel-based  Mac.
>> "That doesn't preclude someone from running it on a Mac. They
>> probably  will," he said. "We won't do anything to preclude that."
>> However, Schiller said the company does not plan to let people run
>> Mac  OS X on other computer makers' hardware.
>> "We will not allow running Mac OS X on anything other than an Apple
>> Mac," he said.
>

> Shades of Sony...

Bon Voyage! ;-) (Thanks for the quote though.) We will see...
iTunes/iPod for windows anyone? How long ago was it that they said they
weren't moving to Intel? The market has a funny way of dictating what a
company will and won't do, no matter how pouty the President.

Make me a believer...

http://danconia.org