On Oct 13, 2007, at 7:52 PM, Joel Rees wrote:

*ahem*

He may be in a position to answer this question definitively. :-)

FWIW, I didn't see Ed saying that it had been 5.8.8 in _10.4_ for quite a while. (His mode of expression was, admittedly, a bit ambiguous.)

But, unless, 10.4 is tracking a different version between uNTEL and PPC, my system perl is 5.8.6 with all the current 10.4 updates installed.

The subject line was "Leopard Perl version", so I said it's been 5.8.8 for quite a while. It is no secret that we (Apple) try our best to keep up-to-date with perl (and other opensource projects) at every major release. It is also no secret that we have never updated (though I might personally like to) the same opensource projects between major releases (ie, software updates). The best we might do is apply security patches for serious vulnerabilities. So, no, there is no 10.4.x with anything other that perl 5.8.6.

Ed