On 平成 19/10/16, at 19:56, David Cantrell wrote:

On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 11:32:09AM -0700, Edward Moy wrote:

       So software updates are restricted to keep the size down.
Because most users do not use the command-line or develop software,
updates to command-line programs never make the cut (developer
software has it own update channel).

This makes perfect sense.

Is it possible to add this seperate channel to Software Update?

My understanding is that it is what you might call a "manual" channel.

(Which is the way I prefer it even if it sometimes seems inconvenient.)

Joel Rees
(waiting for a 3+GHz ARM processor to come out,
to test Steve's willingness to switch again.)