In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Scripting Bridge
> Use Objective-C, Ruby, and Python programs to automate Mac
> applications. The new Scripting Bridge enables them to easily
> generate AppleEvents using a concise, AppleScript-like syntax.

Mac OS X comes with Mac::Carbon, I thought. IS the issue that you won't
have the right things available to you on the other side when you
distribute applications?

> Apple
> trumpets its POSIX conformation yet what UNIX is worth its weight in
> cat5 cable if it doesn't come with perl?

Mac OS X comes with Perl. Perhaps you meant to say "CamelBones", but I
don't think POSIX cares about that.

> It looks like I will have to stick with debian for developing my LAMP
> applications.

If you want to work on the Mac, you still can. It doesn't sound like
you want to though.