I am one of the authors of Louis and can explain the process.

Your going to need the following:

1. A USB to Serial connector, I would suggest the unit for KeySpan as
I have tested it and know that it works.
2. A null modem cable or a modem cable and a null modem adapter to
connect to it.

1. Set up the Braille Blazer to communicate using the serial port, the
documentation for the unit should explain how.

2. Instal the USB to Serial connector and any software that came with
it.

3. Connect the null modem cable to the embosser and to the Mac.

Now use Louis to translate an document directing the output to one of
the new devices that you will see in the list. This will direct the
output to the embosser connected to the serial port that is created by
the USB to Serial connector.

Please feel free to write or to call me on my U.S. number if your have
any questions.

Gregory Kearney
Manager - Accessible Media
Association for the Blind of Western Australia
61 Kitchener Avenue, PO Box 101
Victoria Park 6979, WA Australia

Telephone: +61 (08) 9311 8202
Telephone: +1 (307) 224-4022 (North America)
Fax: +61 (08) 9361 8696
Toll free: 1800 658 388 (Australia only)
Email: gkear...@gmail.com