Hello Krister and all:

I would have just written I agree in this message though that would
chew up unnecessary bandwidth and not really explain anything and no I
am not taking a shop at the moderators with that statement because I
actually agree with the policy. I am not usually a get it off my
chester though ...

I do believe that when critiques are made against mainstream products
and the evaluative measure for the critique is how it measures up to a
community specific product, that is like comparing apples to oranges.
What it also does is defeat the purpose of mainstream developers
wanting to make things accessible. Why go out and make things
accessible when what seems to be wanted is a blind specific product
that already exists for $70.

I personally am tired of the argument that navigon is good for the
$70. Navigon is a good app that actually is accessible. Now, I and
others might have to access the information in a manner which is new
or initially uncomfortable though that does not make the product
inaccessible or poorly designed. What it does make the product is open
to individual evaluation.In short, it is perfectly acceptable for a
product to fit one persons needs, not fit a second persons needs, and
still be both a good product which can always be improved.

Opened myself up for trouble (grin).

On Aug 12, 2009, at 5:12 AM, Krister Ekstrom wrote:

> Ok, Il moderatore, i know this is off-topic somewhat but i as they say
> in online business promoting mails, have to get it out of my chest
> before i explode! I think it's a bit unfair to compare standard gps
> solutions with those made strictly for blind folks and if Navigon as a
> standard gps solution makes a very good job of helping us around the
> place, it's great! What really would've been great would be if someone
> could do a podcast of a navigon session so that one may here it in
> action, rather like people have done with Wayfinder access and Mobile
> geo.
> /Krister
>
> 11 aug 2009 kl. 14.10 skrev Chris G:
>

>> Hi,
>> FYI Humanware Trekker is not using the Sendero SDK.
>>
>> Chris
>>

>> On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:01:26 +0100
>> william lomas <lomaswill...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> what will the update in december contain for navigon?

>> --
>> Chris G <cgrabowsk...@gmail.com>

Take good care and I wish you enough.

Love