Le 30 août 2009 à 07:57, Rich Ring a écrit :

> Second, we have SL, and we will need to install it.  My thought was
> that since this is a brand new machine, I might as well do a clean
> upgrade.  Should I just put the SL DVD in the drive press C and
> eventually press command f5 and do the upgrade, or do I have to set
> up the Mac first.

The Snow Leopard DVD is a bootable DVD just like any other OSX DVD
before. Leopard users can follow an upgrade path similar to a
"software update": put the DVD in the box with Leopard launched, click
on the Install icon and let the thing run. Not only will it update the
system but it will also look for other software updates online and
install them too.

But if you do not have Leopard or if you need to do a clean install,
you can just as well boot your machine with SL and do a clean install.
I suppose in your case either would be fine. I'd go the "press C" way
myself.

Jean-Christophe Helary