Hey Rich, that's awesome that you got a mac, you're going to love it.
Insert the DVD, then hold the c key to boot it up. Hold the command
key and press F5 to start voice over, and the first thing you will
need to do is choose the language for the install. Select continue,
you can then go to the menu bar, and choose utilities. Select disk
utility and this will allow you to erase your hard drive so you can do
a clean install. And it's all completely accessible. Let me know if
you need any more help.