Hi there
I think I understand your question. Here is how you do the same on the iPhone.
From home screen, and maybe from other screens as well I'm not sure, you take
three fingers and swipe down the springs up the search screen. The typing your
search. Then you look toward the top of the screen and there's some choices.
One is search the web, and the other is Wikipedia. If you choose search the
web, then you get a definition. What is confusing for some people, at least for
me for a while, is that voiceover says search the iPhone, but it is more
extensive than that really.
Gigi

Sent from my iPhone