Hi Kevin,
I just purchased an iPod Touch last week and have been playing with it
off and on since last Friday.  I'm not having much trouble doing basic
navigation but I'm still having trouble typing text into the iPod.
I'm slowly getting better at it.  I think there was a thread on this
list about typing so you might want to look for it.
I'l be glad to answer any questions I can.
Marshall