Hi Robert,

Even compared to iOS, Mac braille support is very rudimentary.  Off the top of
my head:
No support for direct input, only predefined function keys.
Poor computer braille table support outside North America.
Buggy, sometimes unusable grade 2 translation, where punctuation is adjacent to
words.
No auto pan or restricted view modes, precise style indicators, or indentation.
Inconsistent panning in both directions with embedded objects or in HTML and
scrollable text (the shell, most notably).
Non-independent focus, creating an undue dependence on speech.

In short, it just isn't all that good. :)

Now, of course, if you're just reading odd blocks of text, then it will do the
trick.  But really, I expect Mac braille support to be at least as good as that
of iOS, and I would hope that it shone with the same light as the rest of the
OS.  Frankly, when I want the superlative braille experience, I boot into
either Linux or Windows, for textmode or grade 2 reading, respectively.

Cheers,
Sabahattin