hello as a licence holder then I feel I should be able to get content from the
uk after all I am paying for it so thanks and I now have to find a accessable
vpn and one where the price is right

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Sabahattin Gucukoglu
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2015 1:01 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: vpn service

Hi there.

I think you’d better inform yourself how this stuff works.  Happily, there just
_happens_ to be a book on the subject, by a person that just _happens_ to be on
this list, and that just _happens_ to be targeted at the blind/VI, from Mosen
Consulting.  It is paid, but it’s a great listen.  Details here:
http://mosen.org/index.php/audiobook-imagine-theres-no-countries/

As to the legality claim, I think it’s best to take a wild guess, take a risk,
or check with your council.  Certainly you are going against the wishes of the
Copyright holder; for the UK, the content is only for consumption by
licence-fee payers.  I don’t agree with the author that geoblock avoidance is
that different from piracy, but I also heartily agree that it’s a very good
idea.  The Internet is meant to be global, and if you can reach the content, I
think you’re entitled to it.  Most VPN services are specifically targeted to
solving your problem; they let you connect to a server in the target country,
and essentially route your traffic by way of that server, hence giving you
access to material that is supposedly restricted to that region.

Have fun!

Cheers,
Sabahattin