In case you're not familiar with some of this philosophy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_is_the_enemy_of_good

"Watson-Watt, who developed early warning radar in Britain to counter the rapid growth of the Luftwaffe, propounded a "cult of the imperfect", which he stated as "Give them the third best to go on with; the second best comes too late, the best never comes.""

CB