Last he checked in with me, Saqib was still working at Microsoft.  I too was
around at the very beginning, but I’ve been on and off since.  Of course, many
of you will know that Cara very graciously took up the reins and has made her
presence felt since that time, until she slipped into the shadows.  I also had
some amount of contact with Cara outside this list for her excellent work on
AGRIP, but real life commitments meant we weren’t keeping in touch.  You’ll
probably also know that she was featuring on many Maccessibility roundtable
discussions, and that she was co-host or moderator for other lists including
audyssey.

I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve been very glad for and also very annoyed
by the behaviour of the list and moderation over that time, but since I’m
ultimately back here, I have to suppose that it’s worked out in the end.  I do
hope whatever comes of all this doesn’t destroy this excellent resource.  Even
if I don’t stick around, it’s been a blast. :)