I've been reporting the cutting off in SAfari but also in other applications
repeatedly to Apple during El Capitan beta testing and indeed things have got
better.  but when I installed El Capitan over Yosemite, the cutting of was
still a bit annoying to me.  That's why I decided to do clean install of El
Capitan which has dealt with the cutting off successfully and everything is
working much better now in Safari, Mail and overall.  I did the clean install
with my stomach in my mouth, worried I might mess things up beyond repair.  and
then the long days of getting all my apps licensed had begun.  I must confess I
am glad to have done clean install but I would not want to do it regularly. :)

Best wishes

Andrew