sorry!
I will try again.  This is a case, on the inside, you literary place your
physical hard drive, as in remove the drive itself form its protective
case, place it in the in closure, and connect the enclosure to your
computer using any one of the connections on the outside of the enclosure
case.  your hard drive connects just as it would normally, say ide or
something, and the enclosure lets your computer recognize the drive.

better?
Laren