Maybe she doesn't want to send the computer away with files that contain
sensative info like SSNs or credit card numbers, bank account numbers and
the like.

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionar...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of ben mustill-rose
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2009 11:14 AM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Major Problem with macbook, Need Help ASAP

If the drive is a user replaceable part, it won't void anything. If I were
in your situation I would just take the drive out and usb it to another
machine, but i'm not sure what osx does about accessing encrypted files -
ie: all your data?? The other problem your going to have is that you
probably don't have a sata to usb converter to connect the drive to another
machine, however, if you have a desktop with sata ports, you can open it up
and plug the drive in that way if you really really want to.

Just out of interest, why do you want to delete your files? Its not like the
drives dead, so you should be getting it back just as you sent it.

--
Kind regards, BEN.

email: bmustillr...@gmail.com
msn: benmustillr...@hotmail.com